Procedures for Locating Owners
Pursuant to Section 10 of the Unclaimed Property Regulation of British Columbia, "reasonable efforts" by Concentra Financial to locate the owner of property may include some or all of the following:
- Trying to contact the owner at last known address.
- Contacting the referring agent or Credit Union, if applicable, to see if they have a new address for the owner.
- Trying to locate the owner in the local telephone book.
- Trying to locate the owner using Canada-411 on-line directory assistance.
- Trying to locate the owner through on-line search directories such as "InfoSpace Canada".
- Trying to locate owner through telephone directory assistance.
- Searching the local telephone book for possible relatives.
- Consulting a reverse telephone directory.